Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Is There Something on my Face?

So I met my blind date. Being the demanding, selfish diva I am I requested a place 5 minutes from my house at a lake so I could at least have my dog exercised if the date was a flop. I brought a glass of wine for myself in a water bottle to get me through. In my defense I also brought him a can of Lucky in a Sprite can cover. Within 2 minutes I knew he was different. He didn't give me the up down look, or at least didn't get caught doing it, he offered to help me with my handful of a dog and his truck was filthy. I seem to have a thing for dirty duallys, or clean trucks, whatever. I had a great time talking to him, he threw a stick for my dog, we skipped rocks, and not once was I creeped out at all.
When he invited me to his house for blender drinks I jumped at the offer. Again, I had a great time with him. We hung out in the sun, chatted, ate. We had really similar values and outlooks. He didn't seem to be too bothered by the loaf of garlic bread I inhaled. This was going well! Too well...he must be unavailable somehow.
I had one too many blender drinks to drive, and when he said my dog and I were both welcome to spend the night I said yes. Eventually we went to his king sized bed and slept., or passed out. As I said, there were many blender drinks. In the morning I left to meet my lunch plans. He hugged me good bye, we exchanged numbers and he invited me back to his place that afternoon. All without ever kissing me, that hug was the only time he touched me at all. What. The. F*CK?
I was confused. Was there something on my face? Had I said something wrong? Was it just a pity invite and was he just not that into me? Who knows how this one is going to turn out...

1 comment:

  1. haha! Not all guys have to get some on the first date. How fun! I can't wait to see how date #2 goes! YAY FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete